I’ve an overly unhealthy addiction of by accident touching my telephone’s display screen, which ceaselessly leads to going a web page ahead or again within the e book I’m studying or leaving the YouTube video I’m staring at — or going to another TikTok video than the only I used to be simply taking part in. As well as, if I’ve to take a telephone name or solution a Slack message, I will be able to lose monitor of the place I used to be.
Generally, this is a straightforward repair: I will be able to simply again as much as the former web page of the e book or take a look at my YouTube historical past. However sadly, it’s now not as simple with TikTok, which doesn’t have a easy method to take a look at the historical past of which movies you’ve watched.
As an example, the day I began penning this, I by accident swiped out of movies I used to be staring at no less than two instances and was once not able to instantly get again to them. And since I couldn’t take note the identify of the author, I used to be necessarily sunk.
What to do?
Smartly, if I have been good temporarily sufficient to “like” the video — or observe the author — it will were simple:
- Faucet at the “Me” icon within the lower-right nook.
- For those who “preferred” the video, faucet at the center icon under your profile to peer thumbnails of the entire movies you’ve preferred.
- For those who’re following the author, faucet at the “Following” hyperlink slightly under your username to peer a listing of the entire creators you’re following. Then faucet on that individual to peer thumbnails of all their movies.
Alternatively, for those who haven’t but preferred the video or don’t seem to be following that author — one thing that ceaselessly occurs to me — then the easiest way to seek out your watch historical past is to obtain it.
- Move on your profile web page (by way of tapping the “Me” icon within the backside appropriate), and faucet at the 3 traces within the upper-right nook.
- Make a choice “Privateness” > “Personalization and knowledge” > “Obtain your information”
- Underneath the “Request information” tab, make a choice whether or not you wish to have to obtain your information as a TXT document or a JSON document, and faucet “Processing request”
And wait. Sadly, this isn’t a quick procedure; it may well be no less than 24 hours — or extra — earlier than your information is made to be had. Till then, for those who move to the “Obtain information” tab, you’ll see a grayed-out “Pending” button.
It took about 3 days earlier than I noticed the purple “Obtain” button seem beneath the “Obtain information” tab. It took me to the internet model of TikTok, the place I needed to check in once more and was once after all in a position to obtain a zipped document of my information. After I unzipped the document, I went to the Process folder, the place I discovered textual content information for Favourite Results, Favorites Sounds, and so forth — together with one categorized “Video Surfing.” It was once there I after all discovered a listing of dates and URLs for the movies I’d been having a look at.
As soon as your information is to be had, it is possible for you to to obtain it for as much as 4 days. By the point you after all get it, after all, you might have totally forgotten which video you sought after to return to or why. However it doesn’t harm to have a report of the entire movies you’ve checked out — and you can be shocked at simply what number of there are.